WELCOME! PosiPower Academic Workshops. Be a PosiTeacher in Your Classroom is a component in our SEL - Social Emotional Learning / PosiPower Concept. We are committed to students, big, and small ones. We enjoy working with all aspects of education. Academic and school goals are met when students, parents, educators and administrators feel valued and safe in their school buildings and community. The PosiPower motto for academia is "When service is improved, excellence is the outcome. " Our primary objective is to improve the lives and educational opportunities for students and parents. Through group discussions, we identify the needs of our academic customers, and the significance of internal and external customer service interactions. We affirm that "It is essential to always improve our attitude and do our best." Participants learn how to project a positive regard for the school community and how to become a valued part of the team.
* We are highlighting TWO USA - Large school districts - PosiPower academic customer and their course selection: Charlotte County Public Schools - Englewood, Florida - In-person Professional Development Day: June 1, 2022 (17,849 students - founded in 1888) https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Domain/8 1. Time and Stress Management for Academia
2. Balance Work and Family and Be Positive in Both* August 23 , 2022 * 1. What to do When Students Won't Listen - Classroom Management
2. Do what you Love, and do it Well: Paraprofessional Training ( NEW)
* Columbus City Schools - 2021-2022 - Social and Emotional Learning - Professional Development Day - virtual presentations - (Certified and unclassified staff trained ) Columbus City Schools, established in 1845, and is the State of Ohio's largest school district serving the needs of 47,000 students in 112 schools https://www.ccsoh.us/1. Teachers Model Respect for Diverse
2. Why Combat Racial Inequity in America3. Balance Work and Family and Be Positive in Both
4. Poverty Matters: Learn Strategies to Help
Please take a look at our academic offerings below. School administrators are welcome to choose from any course listing on this website. It is your training day. Please plan early and contact us at 614-775-6069 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank YOU! We will make it a great learning day for your staff!
Jordana and Ali Shakoor. At this conference in Indianapolis for Indiana Community Action Association 2022 Conference, they talked about "customers" being children and students as well.
Over many years, Jordana Shakoor has been interviewed about PosiPower and PosiTeacher sessions.
Amaury Ali Shakoor is inquisitive
Kids who love to read are life long learners.
Teens do well and participate in class, if they are part of the learning. Ask them to share what they know about the subject.
PosiPower Workshops for College and High School Students
1. Time and Stress Management for
Students 2. Hello, My Name is…Making Friends3. Study Strategies for Academic Success4. What Do I Really Want to Become ? 5. It’s Not a Chit Chat – Effective
Interviewing Tips6. Being a Student is Not Enough – Volunteering, Networking, and other Resume Enhancing Strategies7. PosiPower Resume Writing Skills8. I Really Do Need an Education…Coping
Skills for Burnouts9. The Great Balance – Parenthood, Work,
& School10. Positive Action = Positive Results – Goal-
setting Strategies11. You wore that to the Interview12. Budgeting Strategies for the 21st
1. Our Customers Deserve the BEST2. Working Together as a School Team 3. I Really do Need This Job …. Coping Skills
4. Do what you Love, and do it Well: Paraprofessional Training
(NEW)5. Time and Stress Management for Academia 6. Balance Work and Family & Be Positive in Both7. Hire and Retain the Best School Staff 8. Be a PosiTeacher in Your Classroom 9. What to do when Students Won’t Listen 10. Co-Teachers Working Together as a Team 11. Time and Stress Management for Teachers -
(Classroom focus)12. 20 PosiPower Ways to Bully-Proof Your
School 13. Celebrate Diversity in Your Classroom 14. PosiPower Ways to Effectively Work
With Parents 15. Civil Rights Childhood - Racial
PosiTeen Booklets are available, and we have PosiTeacher and PosiParent Booklets.
Aminah and Amaury love going to the Columbus Zoo
My grandchildren grew up with PosiPower Concepts
My granddaughter Aminah is a beautiful teen.
Video can’t be displayed
This video is not available.
My grandchildren, Aminah and Amaury and daughter, Keyomah. Shakoor. 2014
Amaury loves science. He was 4 years old when I took this photo of him at COSI in Columbus, Ohio. He wanted to know, "How do astronauts pee?" Young children want to know about everything. Educators do you also wonder about stuff? Is this why you became a teacher? How does that work? What makes it stay up? What keeps it solid? Why did that slimy stuff turn blue or is that a greenish blue? Is it crawling? Does it have babies? How many eggs are in that mud? Will it bite? Does it rust? Will it multiply? Is it dangerous? Teachers are sparking curiosity in children. They may ponder with a frown or smile and ask these questions of the students. Sometimes you have to think like a child in order to be an effective teacher. Do you ever just wonder why......? You sure did when you were a child. YOU asked questions over and over again. At one time, you were probably annoying to a parent or teacher, but excited to learn. It is always a pleasure to be of service to PosiTeachers. Thank YOU for your dedication!